Thursday, April 21, 2011

On my way to the Ottawa Valley region on Saturday, I stopped at Deux Rivieres, one of my fave stops to view the Ottawa River. I was quite taken aback at the low water level of the river.



The northward migrating ducks weren't taken aback. They seemed to relish splashing around in the muck.


There are two of these bridges connecting 2 small islands in the river.


However, for some unknown reason the access across the bridge is now a "no go." It was open last fall.


Even though the Ottawa River water level is low, the streams flowing into the river are dumping the normal spring volume of water.



2 comments:

Krys and Paul said...

What about that creek you shot earlier? Here in the city of Lost Rivers I am also amazed at the low volume of warnings about spring runoff. Is this is? Has glabal warming finally hit? Should we start hoarding bottled water? UC's rant has knocked me off my fragile perch....

Anonymous said...

This is just an aside, but it's quite an affront to be so taken aback....not once but twice, and even the ducks!

skip